Saturday 10 December 2011

In My Mailbox (6)

Wow. It's been a while. I'm sorry.
I've been so bogged down with school work recently.
My New Year's Resolution is definitely going to have to be to stick to my blog better.

Anyway.

I recently received an Amazon voucher as an RAK :') 
With it I bought The Book Thief by Markus Zusak:
I've only just started reading it and WOW. His writing is beautiful...I'm not entirely sure if that's appropriate word usage being as it's narrated by death. But still, his metaphors are amazing and they are so well thought out. I'll give you a quick preview:  

"The plane was still coughing. Smoke was leaking from both its lungs.
When it crashed, three deep gashes were made in the earth. Its wings were sawn-off arms. No more flapping. Not for this metallic little bird."
I couldn't get over how brilliant this was. It's so clever. 
Another thing I got in my mailbox was my book from my secret Santa! :D Whoever you are, thank you! Don't reveal yourself until Christmas though. I'm not going to open the package until Christmas day, but you have no idea of how nice it was to come home to that :)
One last thing, my parents have pre-ordered A FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green for part of the Christmas present! I cannot wait for that!
What books are you guys asking for for Christmas? 
Have a nice night :)

1 comment:

  1. The Book Thief is on my reading list for school so I'm going to read it this month or in January (hopefully). I am glad you're enjoying it so far :)

    ReplyDelete