Thursday 8 September 2011

In My Mailbox (4)

(Long overdue) 
Firstly, I bought: 
Summer of Skinny Dipping - Amanda Howells
This is a really good book, and to say I was surprised by it was an understatement. I will say no more...




















You Against Me - Jenny Downham 
This was defiantly a good book and I found myself relating to the characters quite a lot. The only thing that bothered me about this book was the ending; I felt as if it wasn't complete. Sadly,I still had questions unanswered . 




















Butterface- Gwen Hayes 
When I bought this book I didn't realise that it was a short story. It wasn't until I looked at my progress bar on my kindle and saw that I had read three quarters of the book in almost no time at all. If I'm honest, this put me off straight away. I don't like putting any negative reviews out there, but I find they always help when deciding whether or not to buy a book. On the whole I felt this book was a bit of a disappointment. I felt it had the potential to be a good story, but it was far too rushed and therefore it felt  clichéd. 






Looking For Alaska - John Green



Having not yet read this book, no spoilers please. I've heard so MANY good things about this book and really can't wait to read it. 






















I also received my first giveaway win in August, which I am VERY late mentioning. (sooorry)
So thank you so much to Danielle- here is her awesome blog Frenzy of Noise
She sent me a signed copy of City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
I ordered some more books the other day, so if they come in time I should be doing another IMM pretty soon! Happy reading everybody :')
P.s If anyone can help me to get rid of all the spaces on the post I would be very grateful. They don't show up until I publish it :/  

No comments:

Post a Comment